How to get rid of rash on chin?

My 14 month old DD has a rash on her chin from her pacifier (she has been extra drooly from teething and having had a cold last week). I've been avoiding the pacifier as much as possible, and the rash doesn't seem to be bothering her at all. What can I do to help clear it up?

sophiafarris

Asked by sophiafarris at 3:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try putting aquaphor on it.. It is my eucerin, and normally used for diaper rash, but I bet it will get rid of it over night.. we used it on our 15 month old when she was drooling from teething, too. (she is not a paci girl though, so it may be a bit harder for you).

Good luck. :-)
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Wipe off her chin and make sure it's completely dry and put some Vaselline or A&D on it. Keep doing that every few hours, and it should help. That'll keep the moisture from bothering it. It's also a good preventative measure, if you notice later on that she's starting to drool more from another bout of teething.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2009