taking away diapers completly?

My DD will be 2 next month, and she knows when she has to go potty. BUT she will only tell me if we are in a store (grocery shopping, walmart ect.) And it is really frustrating when I know that she knows when she has to go, and screams as soon as she goes in her diaper for it to be changed. So I am thinking of just taking the diapers away and giving her only panties...what do you think? She loves panties and I think this might help her start going on the potty at home too?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 3:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like she is ready, my dd was out of diapers by 2.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 3:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My mom says it worked for me. She got me some Care Bear panties, and I didn't want to get them wet, so I was potty trained. Lol. It sounds like she's ready, so it's worth giving it a shot anyway. Good luck!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• She is really young. Both of you should be ready for lots of accidents. If you have carpet or if either of you will be upset it probably isn't worth it. Some kids aren't potty trained even if they are aware of elimination until they are 3.

The pet urine enzyme odor and stain clean up spray sold in pet stores works for people urine also. My grandson just had an accident on the carpet in our new house and I thought why not try?
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 3:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I agree with previous answer....if you are ready for lots of accidents on the floor then take them away. I think the question is do you want to save money on diapers but spend money on cleaning up? She will be ready when she is ready, too many people now adays try to force potty training on their children. The way I see it, is if they aren't potty trained by the time they go to school, then you have an issue.
    mommy2ejdnh

Answer by mommy2ejdnh at 4:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• That's what we did. We use the method described at 3daypottytraining.com and my 20 month old daughter potty trained in 2 days. Diapers GONE!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i stared potty taining at 18 mts i did pull ups for like 2 mts and then at 20 mts when we were at jome she ran around butt naked and also used pull ups but she would tell me if she had to ppe or poop and at 24 mts we got her underware she is 30 mts now and wears underware most of the time excpet whenwe are out(she still lets me know if she has to go) or sleeping
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I think that it would work but at night you might want to put something else on her til you know for sure she want have regular accidents. As for during the day it sounds like she is ready and your not really forcing anything on her.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2009