I have 3 kids and I'm so stressed out because my b/f works all the time and I'm always at home. Does anyone know how I can releive my stress from a 3,1,and 6 month old kids?

sarahbearbabyj

Asked by sarahbearbabyj at 3:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• World Health Organization. ROFLMAO

I have three kids in 33 months and it is tough. You have to take it one step at a time, one thing at a time. Stick to your schedule with the older two and work the baby into it.

Plan ahead. If you know you have to go somewhere the next day, get ready the night before....diaper bag packed, clothes laid out, etc. Keep another bag for the toddlers with quiet games and toys for them if you have any waiting.

Plan shopping trips during snack times!!!

Institute "quiet time". Get the schedule to where at least the younger two will nap at the same time (and the older one if s/he's still napping), and take one yourself. The hell with the laundry, the hell with the dusting, the hell with the vacuuming....

Do a good cleaning when your boyfriend is home and can keep the kids out of your hair for a while.

Leave the kids with him and do the grocery shopping.

Know th
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Do they take naps? I have a 3 year old and he doesn't take naps anymore so I'm not sure if it would help you to put them all down for a nap at the same time. Let them play by themselves for alittle bit and take you a time out. Do something you find enjoyable.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I am confused. You are saying you have a 3 years old, and 1 month old and 6 months old?
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 3:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Make them all nap, or at least rest at the same time so you get a few min to yourself each day. have scream time, go outside with all three of them stand there and scream for 10 seconds once or twice. Its dorky but kind of fun, and its not enough to annoy the neighbors. set aside a few min for yourself doing something that makes you feel good, I have a 30 min bath each night with a good book, if you knock on the bathroom door limbs better be missing! I only have one at home so I am not sure what else to tell you, I baby-proofed our sons room so I could gate him in there when I HAD to have time to myself. Maybe you could do that with the older two and just deal with the infant for a little while each day?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Wow! It's really hard to have babies that close together. The World Health Organization recommends waiting at least 3 years before trying to get pregnant for your health and the health of your childrnen. And you aren't even married.

Friends help. Usually it's easy for moms to meet other moms at support groups like La Leche League or at the park. You could try looking on Craigslist for moms groups.

Get out of the house. Take your kids to do fun things. Put the baby in a sling and the other two in a stroller and go.

Learn stress reduction techniques.

Read about how to be an effective mom. Go to La Leche League's website and look at the parenting books they sell. They have all been reviewed by moms and a professionals. Get ones that look good from the library. LLL is about more than breastfeeding.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

I GOT PREGNAT 15 MTS AFTER I HAD MY DD AND AM NOT DEATH. AND WHAT IF SHE NOT MAMRY SHE ASKED FOR ADVICED NOT TO BE JUDGE.MARRIAGE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE

OP DONT LISTEN TO HEAR SHEIS ONE OF THOSE CRAZY MOMS WHO ARE OBSED WITH WHO
    anyways i know how you feel my dh works all day and some days i want to run away lol. after he comes from wor take a bath, my dd loves wathcing movies so that helps, nap when they nap. good luck
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• LLL? Yeah, those nazi's know all about how to handle three kids close in age. Sure they do....tell another one! I need more good laughs today!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• naps if they all take one ,good music and chocolate. and if you have a good friend vent with her .good luck from onother stay at home mom.and if at all possible a girls night out. even if its out to eat or coffee .anythin kid free and b/f free .
    2ndsister

Answer by 2ndsister at 8:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I can definetly relate with how you feel. I have a 4yr.old, 3yr.old and 16mo. old with one on they way. One of my sons is Special needs and is sometimes a challenge. I have always used quiet time with them from the time they were young.....meaning nap time, but if they did not sleep(wich was unusual)they at least stayed in their bed quietly. Now i have some rellief because my 4yr.old goes to pre-k 5 days a week. My DH works late and them sleeps late so he doesn't help much with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Do anybody use birth control anymore. I think this is what people mean,when they ask,how many kids should a person have, I answered as many as they want,but,now, I'm going to say,as many as you can mentally and physically, can handle, honey,you need help,make a schedule for yourself,start trying to feed the kids at the same time,so,they can rest at the same time. GOOD LUCK.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2009