I have a Pre-mature baby....

She was 3 months pre-mature and She's been through 2 surgeries and she has a feeding tube. It's so hard to deal with it and I was wondering if anyone has this problem cuz I need some advice to try and deal with this feeding tube thing.

sarahbearbabyj

Asked by sarahbearbabyj at 3:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh no! *hugs*
    My son was 3 months premature as well, he didn't have surgeries, but he was on a feeding tube...
    What exactly do you need advice on?
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My last baby was born at 23 weeks & was on a feeding tube too.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I had a premature baby but he didn't have to have the feeding tube. I have had a lot of experience with my children being treated as inpatients and outpatients at a major children's hospital.

It will be very important for your baby for you to provide your milk. If you haven't been pumping it's not too late. Babies getting their mother's milk can leave the hospital sooner and are at a lower risk of RSV. Breastfeeding has lifelong health consequences for all children, for a premie it can be life or death. Breastmilk enhances brain growth and may increase IQ 10 points or more.

For help with breastfeeding you can call La Leche League or a lactation consultant. There may be a lactation consultant at your baby's hospital.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My twins had the feeding tubes for the first two weeks of their lives. They were born two months prematurely. It never bothered my babies, until they started pulling them out on their own. Thats when the doctors decided to just do away with them because they were starting to suck so they were able to be bottle and breast fed
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009