need advice

My brother in law and his wife ask my husband and i to come over and party with them. We did and all of us got in the hot tub. well i got out and got splashed so i asked my BIL for a tee shirt to wear untill we left. Well he tried to kiss me in the house when i went with him to get the shirt and then again when i gave him the shirt back, no one knows but his sister because she seen it. Should i tell my husband and risk him losing his brother or should i keep it inside and not tell anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell your husband...if you don't then it looks like you really don't mind what happened or that you want to hide what happened. He would be more mad if you didn't tell him.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 4:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• This is a hard situation. I know from personal experience (ish). My husband's best friend tried to kiss me at a party one evening. I told my husband....he was livid. Needless to say it has caused OUR relationship to fall apart, even though I didn't do anything......and he lost his best friend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I would tell him that he should not have tried to kiss you and if he ever tries again you will tell your husband. Then the future is up to him.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Obviously your definition of party and thiers is a little bit different. I would ask his sister if you should say anything. she should know both brothers and know if it will be a deal breaker or not. If there was a lot of drinking going on, you could just mention it in passing the next time they invite you over. dong vie details but say that you would rather not because when he drinks he has a hard time keeping his hands to himself. I would personally feel the need to tell my hubby but thats the sort of relationship we have (he wouldn't care, or at least not much, would mention to brother to make sure the girls he kisses are willing)
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• tell your husband.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 4:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Some how, some way, whether in a week or a year, it will come out. It won't be pretty, most likely, but getting it over now seems to be the better choice. Hiding it makes you look guilty, too, in his eyes - quite probably. At least you have the sister that witnessed it, so that will be on your side, well, should be if she's honest. Truth is always the best route.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 4:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I would say honesty is the best policy. Tell your husband....and make sure that EVERYONE who was involved somehow is clear about what happened.....hiding it DOES make you look guilty.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 4:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I agree with the others saying it makes you look guilty if you don't say anything. And the sister has already seen it and you should probaly tell before she does!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• quit putting yourself in the position for these things to happen. once was his mistake but you went back to let it happen again. you should have known you'd get wet in the hot tub...take a towel out and clean dry clothes. u should have let dh get the shirt for you and you should not have taken the shirt back alone. u should have let your dh take it back or take it back with him. what exactly did the sister see? him making a pass or u 2 kissing? maybe you hit on the bil. that's what he's going to say if you tell on him and sis will back him up. quit getting yourself in these messes unless that's what u really like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i consulted my dh on this one, he said he'd rather me tell him straight up.
    that's from my man's mind.
    :)
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 4:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2009