Fever a sign of early pregnancy?

Okay... I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping out loud, but I'm still pretty negative. Again, just hoping.

I'm about 3-4 dpo, and I'm running a low grade fever (99+). Is that ever a very early sign of pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i dont think so. are you feeling the fever or have you been temping every morning(bbt)? and thats how you know about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• At 3-4 dpo you're unlikely to even have implantation yet. 'High' temps are a sign of pregnancy, but this doesn't necessarily mean feverish temps, just 'high' temps on the basal thermometer (which measures temp a lot more accurately than a standard thermometer.) Could you be coming down with something? Hope you get a BFP, but not sure that this is in any way connected!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It might be the flu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• For my personal situation, yes, I had an elevated temp. I used a basal thermometer to check it and it went up about a week after ovulation and it would be around 98.5 to 98.9.
    tree0826

Answer by tree0826 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Your basal body temperature (taken first thing when you wake up in the morning, before you get out of bed or anything) goes up after ovulation, and sometimes it goes up again after implantation (6-10 days after ovulation). But a higher waking temperature doesn't mean anything except possible infection, or at least fighting an infection.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009