Where to grandparents find the most annoying toys in the world?

And why do they inflict them upon us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• As revenge! lol
    I've made it an absolute rule that they can get them toys that make noise - but it has to have a volume control or the ability to be turned off.
    My mom got my son this dump truck ride-on toy, and it'd make beeping noises if he backed up, and that "dump truck" disposal sound. But, what really got me was my son would just ride it backwards for hours, BEEP BEEP BEEP. It had me gnashing my teeth and pulling my hair out. lol. And I KNOW she did it for revenge for all the times I used to annoy her as a little kid. LOL
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• on ebay and bc we can
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• At the Grandparent's Store For Gettng Back At Your Children Store

(also known as the GSFGBAYC

ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 4:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• According to my mother, she has the right to buy them these annoying toys because people bought me and my brother annoying toys as kids. I think they have their own private catalog or something! LOL
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My in-laws used to do this, until one time they were visiting and a toy talked to them. Scared the ****out of them. It was one that didn't have an off switch and it got moved and activated. No more noisy toys.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• We buy them the good loud noisy toys so they give you a big headache,lol. I brought my grandson a horn and drum set, he bang and blew so much,my DD packed it up and now he only use it at my house.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• here is my solution to this.. I bag up all the loud annoying toys, the paint and playdoh and the other things they send and we take them with us when we visit. We no longer get those items :)
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• ahhh dahhh they were our old toys from when we was kids... the very first good will-christmas tree shop for grannies!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My MIL prefers to just get him awesome toys for her house and look around dissaprovingly when she comes to ours and sees that he doesn't have as many toys over here. It's annoying but better than her filling my house with loud. We get all the obnoxious toys from our friends who don't have kids and think they have to find the most 'musical' toy for our son before they come to visit. I don't have the heart to tell some of them that they've just committed a sin so the most offensive get hidden and only brought out the next time they visit. I'm keeping them in good condition so they can be given back when these friends have kids. I don't want them to miss out on the experience. ;)
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 8:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Tell me about it! My mom got my 3-year-old a full set of real HAND BELLS! They didn't even come out of the box. I donated them to her pre-school for Christmas - awesome!
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 9:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009