How can I start eating meat again after being a vegetarian for 13 months?

I've not eaten chicken, meat, poultry or seafood for 13 months. I ate some fish a few days ago but didn't eat much of it. It didn't make me sick but I couldn't eat because of pregnancy nausea. I am having a really hard life and I know it's selfish but I think it'd make things easier for me and my whole family if I just ate meat. It'd relieve guilt from my spouse for him eating meat. I'll still do a lot of organic but I feel like, aside from the reasons I became vegetarians, I have other reasons not to be.
So no attacking or hurtful things. You have no idea what is going on in other people's lives.
It is a common occurrence for people to get very sick and crampy after eating meat when they haven't in so long. I accidentally ate a little beef bits in my stirfry veggies at a restaurant and it made my tummy hurt unbelievably. SO how do I work back in to eating meat again? Keep in mind it will take time and my morning sickness...

AmandaI1021

Asked by AmandaI1021 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I'd try eating just small amounts of chicken first...it's a lot milder than beef. And don't do chicken one night, then seafood the next, and beef the next. Do one a week until your tolerance for meat is back up.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I was a vegetarian for 6 years. Although it was when I was younger until my late teens. I didnt have much trouble once I got past the emotional and mental part of it. I still eat only certian things but it has definatley made it much easier for me not being one. Im not saying its the right choice for everyone, honestly if you aren't ready I wouldn't do it. Just very slowly ease into it. I actually had a friend convince me to just try it. I ended up eating it all. It was chicken fingers at a resturant. Which was something I used to eat all of the time. So maybe try and eat something that you had eaten frequently before becoming a veggie. And then ease into other foods. Only eat what you are comfortable with, dont let anyone convince you otherwise. Like i said I still only eat very random things lol. Like chicken fingers or strips in a salad or pasta. Ill eat a cheeseburger but only from like mc donalds. And some other things
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• like that. And I have been like this for like 5 years lol. So I would say it definatley takes time, and tell your husband to be patient with you and let you go at your own pace. gl :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Thanks. He suggested I start with soups and broths and stuff. Just to get the gentler stuff introduced. So i think we are gonna start with like ramen noodles and stuff. I'm already really nauseated bc of morning sickness. I just found out i was pregnant. It is sooo unexpected. We were planning on waiting a few....years!!! But I'm accepting things and whatnot. (found out yesterday by the way)
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2009