has anyone seen the Vampire Diaries?

It just started on Thursday on the CW, I thought it looked good. I'm planning to watch it more. I was just wondering if anyone else thinks it's a LOT like Twilight.. Like this writers view of what twilight should be. I love Twilight, so I of course don't think it should change. But it almost seems like this story is a bit close to Twilight..

LucasMama08

Asked by LucasMama08 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Entertainment

• lol!
    Yeah... After reading Twilight, I started rooting for all books similar to it. That's how I stumbled upon Vampire Diaries. It was pretty decent.
    I'm SO obsessed with Twilight though.. it's getting to be kind of shameful. lol. We even went to Forks, Washington - since we live semi close to it. Woo! It was awesome. I honestly don't know if it's from this crazy pregnancy with vivid dreams, but I have dreamt of Twilight galore. Kind of like.. where I'm bella, but I'm me, at the same time, and Edward is my husband. LOL.
    It's sad... :D
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Nope, I haven't heard they were making a series! lol
    I have read the books though... but they were quite similar to Twilight.
    And in all actuality, Vampire Diaries was published in 1991, and Twilight was published in 2005. So.. I would say twilight is more like Vampire Diaries! lol.
    But they're not the same to make it nearly suspicious - just similar.
    I know in 08, he published Vampire Diaries: The Return or something like it... I'm not quite sure what the series is basing itself off of. :]

I'm excited now! Yay. I adore Twilight.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Ah I stand corrected. lol. Either way I thought there were some similarities lol. Like a vampire just so happens to fall in love with what they can never have. Or should never.. lol. I want to read the vampire diaries, but have not yet. =( before I knew it was based on a book, I thought it was just someone wanting to make a story like Twilight, I actually thought it was going to be a tv show about twilight. But turns out I was off, lol. I also think they decided to make it a series now because vampires seem to be such a huge hit again. Either way, I'm here to watch and read all about it. haha!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I watched it thursday and I cannot wait for the rest of the season if you have read the books then you will see so much has already happened in the 1st epi that I goot know what else they are going to do. The only thing like twlight is he is vamp she is human and they love each other other then that there is alot more going on behind the sence then is on twlight. If you love vamp shows I am addicted to TRUE BLOOD also, but it ends tonight :( very said season 3 dont start til june...
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 5:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Omg K sawyer. I almost want to post this anon. haha. I am the same way. I dream that I am Bella but me too. Haha. And I live close to Forks.. I wanna go, I just gotta sneak it up on my husband haha he thinks I'm a bit over the top. I love all the books tho. I read them all one after the other then start again. My husband always comes home asking if I read them AGAIN (eye rolls) haha. Or if I have moved since he left. haha. SO good tho! love it!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Okay okay I got a funny story. My husband and I went for a drive after I had just finished reading all the twilight books for the first time. And it was like threw these darkish woods, tho it was sunny out. Well hes talking away about something and I'm daydreaming out the window. My husband looks over and says "what cha looking for Edward and his vampire buddies to run next to the car?" haha all I said was Bella's a vampire too now.. Just so you know. And hes like "Oh god I was kidding!" haha
    Guess I should have just laughed instead of answering haha!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009