Would this make you mad?

I live with my bf, and moved several states away to be with him. I know no one in the area besides him and his family. I have a 6 yr old son from a previous relationship. Today, he left around noon to go to his brothers house to watch football with some friends. Around 3, I was carrying a load of laundry into the other room, and stepped on my son's toy, and fell. I landed square on my elbow. My elbow is hurting, very swollen and I have a feeling I may have fractured it. I called him to tell him I was going to go to the ER, taking my son with me (obviously would be hard to do alone, especially while I would be getting an x-ray) He says "Ok, call me later and let me know what happens" No offer to come back, nothing. I'm upset, but he says I am overreacting. Be honest...would that upset you? (BTW: I didn't wind up getting seen yet...I went to the ER but the lot was FULL so I am going to go to walk-in when they open later)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• You have the right to be mad, I would be pissed! He should have said, ok baby I'm leaving right now and I'll drive you to the hospital or I'll meet you there so I can make sure your ok and help out with the baby/child. That sucks! did he come back yet or is he still watching football? geez...what a jerk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You would be a damn fool to stay with him anymore. He does not love you, does not respect you and does not care about you. If you think that he loves you then you have no idea what love means.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 5:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Oh, anon here, hope your alright! and nothing's broke. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I would be pissed. But at the same time he is a guy and football is on so he probably didnt hear all of what you said cuz guys are just stupid like that. Call him again and be straight forward. Tell him you think you fractured it and you expect him to be there with you football or not.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• yes ,you two need to talk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Yes, I would be pissed! I agree with above though, may just be football brain...try calling back and explaining it again. If he still doesn't want to come home, I'd consider leaving that relationship if football means more to him than you!
    SuperMomOfSeven

Answer by SuperMomOfSeven at 5:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• oh yeah that would make me mad!! I was in a similar situation.....but I dont have a child and I live in my home town. fortunatly my mother was abale to take me to the ER when I was having headache issues....(that wouldnt go away) when I couldnt get ahold of my BF to take me(he was hanging out with his friends).....anyhow we had a big discussion later....and he thought I was overreacting because I was upset that he didnt come down to the ER.....

I'm almost always getting sick...and he thinks I overreact....so we had a very long talk.....and i told him if he cant support me and comfort me when I feel sooooo sick(sick enough to wait 2hrs to see a doc) then i dont think i can be with hm.....

let me just say the next time i went to the ER(on monday acctually) he went with me and waited 2hrs with me to see a doctor!

hope this helps!

EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• oh i forgot to mention.....my bf almost missed his fantasy football draft to be with me at the ER....we got home within seconds of it starting....

now i know he stands be me! and i am not "overreacting"
    EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You have to keep in mind that he's MAN!!! I have learned that if I had wanted him home, I would have had to say, "come back and get me so you can take me, or at least watch my little one". ...You have to tell them up front. They don't think about stuff the way that we do.
    I'd be mad, sure, but You really do need to tell your man what you want and need, not give little signals. They NEVER pick up on it.
    :)
    hope your elbow isn't fractured! Good luck w/ your man on this.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 5:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• yeah I'd be mad!!!
    I'm the huge bum football fan in this family & I'd be there in two seconds if my DH was going to the hospital *heck i got my phone to keep eye on the scores lol*
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2009