will you still know if your water breaks in the bathtub?

???i want to take a bath but i feel i am close to labor will i feel my water break in the tub?

jaders1220

Asked by jaders1220 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes you will know
    Terri986

Answer by Terri986 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• LOL! Some people don't have this issue. If you go into labor and your water does not break, they will break it in the hospital. Don't fear.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• my concern is because ive been feeling contractions no too strong but they are there and if my water breaks in the tub what if the baby is ready and i dont feel my water break and i dont have enough time to get to the hospital
    jaders1220

Answer by jaders1220 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If your water did break in the bathtub and you didn't realize it, you would know shortly afterwards because you would be still "leaking"
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 5:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Don't worry about it. My water broke at home only with one of my pregnancies. Go relax in the tub!!! If you get out and dry off, and your legs stay wet-then your water broke! Lol! Congratulations!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You will know when you get out. Or you might hear it. But the water breaking is not usually any emergency. I had to wait over a week before birth after mine ruptured. Next birth it broke when baby was already part-way out.
    And it might never break~ baby can come out in it. (No need to "have it done.")
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i agree with doulala.
    prd2b_calledmom

Answer by prd2b_calledmom at 6:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• oh yeah take a bath it will feel good!

My water broke while i was in the shower!!! i felt a little something, but thought "could my water just have broken?" but i couldn't know for sure because i was in the shower. but then when i got my robe on and sat down, i felt more leak out, so then i knew.

also you will most likely have plenty of time, active labor might start soon after your water breaks, but it might take a loong time, but either way, you will most likely feel strong contractions for a long while before your baby is born.

congrats on your soon-to-arrive baby! i hope you have a wonderful birth experience :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009