How did you pick your childs name?

Did it come right to you or take forever? Did you change you mind at all, or almost change it, or did you always know what you wanted to name them?

LucasMama08

Asked by LucasMama08 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• came to us, Brooke is one of my middle names and ive always loved that name and my SO did as well... he rmiddle name Payton, came from Peyton Manning, but we decided to use an "A" instead of an "E" because we thought it looked more feminine this way.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• it took a whle. We had a girls name already picked out but then we found out we were having a boy. We went through baby name books & the Bible. I thought of Caleb one day while out for a drive actually. Played with it in my head. Liked it. I loved the story of it from the Bible. Caleb means strong, faithful. Grant , his middle name, was already chosen, after Ulysses S Grant. I'm a Civil War buff & knew my son would have Grant as a middle name
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• We decided to honor people in our families by choosing first and middle names belonging to grandfathers and uncles.

Answer by Bmat at 5:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• We had a whole bunch of names listed for our first boy... we didn't start until we knew the gender.
    But... we ended up with Riley Michael.
    Riley was the first duty station where my husband was stationed, plus, it was the base where I first met him as well! :]
    Michael is my husband's middle name.

For this baby, we don't know the gender.. but for the girl, no one special. We just REALLY like the name. For the boy - it's after my grandfather, and middle name is... we liked it!
    Madelyn Elizabeth
    Emmett Alexander
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i knew i wanted a son named Aiden pretty much since i was 8 years old the middle name has changed but now i have my 5 month old Aiden Wayne Stacy
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Alexander came from my nephew who passed away 10 yrs ago (it was his middle name. Raymond is my sons great grandfathers name. At first we were going to use Alexander and Raymond as two middle names. Butwe couldnt agree on a first name so we just stuck with Alexander, and it fits him perfectly.
    ARPsMom

Answer by ARPsMom at 5:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Nicholas Evan- DH & I just LOVED the name Nicholas and when we looked it up and found out it meant "Victory of the people" DH said it was very fitting b/c we had rly been TTC and he said it was a victory for us. Lol. Mid name Evan was my dads mid name,he died when i was 12 and wanted my son to have one of his names in his honor.
    Abigail Rose- Abigail means "father rejoycing" and we picked it b/c DH was extremly happy to have a daughter! Her mid name Rose just kind of came to us as it sounded beautiful.
    Sophia Grace- both dh & I have always loved the name Sophia, her mid name grace we thought just sounded perfect!
    Emma Hope- I had always loved the name Emma! Hope was picked as the mid name b/c the name Emma means all-containing/universal, so together her name means Universal Hope. Dh &I thought it was a beautiful name & loved the meaning all the more!
    Mackenzie Joy- we rly had to think on this 1 Then one day when DH
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My lil grls name is Angelica Jane...we got Angelica from my husbands grandma..her name was Angelica Flaca...we didn't like Flaca so we got Jane from a baby book I think lol

My baby boys name is Nicholas Emilio...heard Nicholas on CM actually, and loved it.. Emilio is my dads middle name. I'm pregnant now so we're thinking on the name Korie if we have a baby girl but no idea for a boy yet. :)
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 6:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009