Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to get married?

what do you do? I dont want a wedding or anything like that can we just go get a marriage lis, then go to a justice of peace and say vows and sign it or what?


Asked by ggiovanni at 5:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Relationships

Level 3 (20 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Yup.
    Go to your local county courthouse.
    First, you request the marriage license and pay. I think you have to wait a few days for you to be able to "use" it. 3 days wait for us.
    Then, you can choose any judge that does the marriage vows, you need 2 witnesses - the person who gives you the marriage license will give you a list of the judges.
    Then you pay that judge, say your vows, and voila! Married. :]

    Congrats to you!

    Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • if that's what you want to do, then do it.
    it's your day, not anyone else's day.

    Answer by dayziesnrozes at 5:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • Depending on where you live, im not sure what you need to get the marriage license like blood test ect. In PA though you and him go wtih your ID's and info about yourselves like ssn parents names and addresses and stuff like that and $45 and thats it. Search online marriage license requirements for whatever state you live in and it will tell you the specifics.

    Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • awesome thanks

    Answer by ggiovanni at 5:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2009