How dangerous is the swine flu for infants?

I had my son in august and I want to go back to sweden and visit my family and friends so bad! But my husband is worried about the swine flu and he says if we go and our son gets sick that its on me cause he wants to wait until the baby is 6 months before we go! I wanna know how big the risk is to get the swine flu if we fly to sweden!

Pia83

Asked by Pia83 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Travel

• its worse for childrena nd older people and is estimated to kill 900,000 by the end of next year i know u miss ur family but it culd b a life threatning risk ur takin id wait
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The problem with this flu is that practically no one in the WORLD has built up immunity to it, because it's a new strain. So it can infect millions of people easier than regular flu. That being said, flu in general is dangerous for babies. Babies can get sicker, get pneumonia from any type of respiratory infection.
    If you could find an airline that has everyone on board already vaccinated against it and your whole Swedish family was vaccinated and everyone else you know, i might say "go for it". But for the time being, I think you are safer not to travel. Just my opinion.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I know how hard it must be to wait but I think that would be the best option.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• it is also extremely dangerouse for women who are pregnate
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I went to help out at my son's school and the lady said she got it at Disney and they gave her the shot right away. I think it is more dangerous for pregnant because a lady in Tampa went into a coma and they had to deliver her baby by c section. So so sad.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 12:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2009