How can I get my 4 month old to sleep in her crib?

At the time my daughter was born we didnt have a crib, but we did have a bassett. She been sleeping threw the nite 3 wks after she was born. When we got her crib, she would not sleep threw the nite, she would wake up 5x in the nite. We tried moving the crib to different spots in her bedroom but it didnt work. Once we put her back in the bassett she would sleep all nite. I never had a problem like this with my first baby. Anybody got any ideas on what I can do?

A_KittyKat

Asked by A_KittyKat at 5:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there a particular bedding you have for the bassinet? Could you some how put it in the crib? Maybe the smell would help? You could make a woobie out of it... Also, I sang to both my boys to get them used to cribs. My daughter LOVES her crib and moved to it months before they did... but they weren't fans either. You could also try a sound spa from Homedics. They have sounds like rain falling and even a projection lamp of spinning stars etc. Hmm.... You could try baby massage with baby laying in the crib? That might help her feel that it is a comfy place. GL!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• my son sleeps threw the nite but he wont sleep on his back in the crib anywhere else he will but in that crib he has tobe on his side or his back lol
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• How big is the bassett? I have a smaller one, and it could fit into the crib if need be. I was just wondering if you could do the same, then your little one could perhaps get used to the scenery, then slowly you could attempt to transition from bassett to crib?
    xoJessyxo

Answer by xoJessyxo at 6:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The crib may feel to open for her. She probably likes the bassinet because of the closed in feeling. Maybe you could find something like xoJessyxo said, I bassinet of sorts to fit in the crib.
    slluebcke

Answer by slluebcke at 3:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Thank you so much for your all your help. I took the bedding and the pad from her bassett and laid it in her crib. She slept all nite last nite, hoping for the same tonite. :-) thanks again, you really helping me out.
    A_KittyKat

Answer by A_KittyKat at 11:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2009