what would u do?

My son wants to have friends over all the time. I dont mind but sometimes i like to have my house to myself and kids, etc. So today, i asked my son to ask his friend to go home. Cause i felt lead to always agreeing with him, about having friends over all the time. We have things to do, i want to take him for a hair cut, and do family stuff,. I understand he wants to be with his friends all the time, but come on, we need some space, time to be a family.. he is only 12yrs old.. I not trying to hurt his friend feelings, but i want to spend time with my son, and kids alone.. Its sad his own mom doesnot spend time with him, so he wanting my son always with him.. So what do i do?? No bashing, please.. no mean comment s please..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think it is perfectly reasonable for you to want to spend time without your son friends there. I think as long as your are asking him to leave in a nice manner than your not doing any harm. He is only 12 and you are still the boss. You have to do what is best for your whole family, not just what your son wants. Good Luck!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• thankyou , well my son asked his friend, to get out.. i am like oh my! you need to ask nicely.. He said mom, they do that to me, ask me to get out.. I am so shock, how boys talk to eachother, telling eachother, get out, rather than, i cant have any company today, cause we got things to do, etc..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If its the same frient that keeps coming over and hanging around maybe he has problems at home.
    But anyway, you need to be firm with your son and the friends, he's still a child and it's your home.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 5:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009