Swine Flu and the military?

I know there are a few military wives/moms in here, so thought I would ask.

Are you concerned about the military mandatory vaccinating them?

“As soon as installations have the vaccine, they should be administering it,” he said. “The mantra is, the best storage depot for this vaccine is in an arm rather than on a shelf.”

All uniformed personnel must be vaccinated, Hachey said.

“When you come on active duty, you belong to us and we take care of you,” he said.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2009/09/airforce_swineflu_090509w/

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My husband has to have one for his job, I am so worried about it! I think I would flip out if he got GBS or died!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• my husband has been used as guinea pig for far worse as far as vaccines go. One in particular, (anthrax) he STILL suffers side effects 9 years later. Yes it bothers me but honestly, what can I do? The government owns him.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Like the PP said, the gov owns them. Are deployed soldiers still going to get the vaccine, even though they are not near the US and Mexico, where the swine flu is conecntrated?
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Are deployed soldiers still going to get the vaccine, even though they are not near the US and Mexico, where the swine flu is conecntrated?

Yes they are.
    _____
    Jackal, I know my husband also had the anthrax a long time ago, thankfully he doesn't have any serious side effects yet, just his arm hurts from time to time.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My husband hasn't said anything about it yet, but I"m sure they will give it to him as soon as it available. Its normal and really standard procedure for the military. Its not something I would choose for me and my kids, but my husband belongs to the gov't and really has no say.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It's part of the job.  They agree to all of the requirements when they commit their time and services to the Armed forces. I would expect nothing less from the Government. I hear they are looking at moving it from two shot to just one... Any confirmation?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I hear they are looking at moving it from two shot to just one... Any confirmation?

This is a UK article. So I can't confirm the US. But the US is receiving the vaccine from GSK also.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/swine-flu/6174941/Swine-flu-one-dose-of-vaccine-may-be-enough.html
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Honestly, I was more worried about my smallpox scab when I was in the military.

Unfortunately, the military is the pharmaceutical companies that makes these vaccines best client. They have to get the shots so the government doles out millions of dollars to the companies to buy the doses. It's a win win for the drug companies.

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I am all for vaccs!! My hubs hasn't said anything thing about this tho... Why wouldn't you protect yourself??
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Why wouldn't you protect yourself??

I do not want GBS....and I do not want my son to have GBS.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

NO THANK YOU!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2009