Job interview with a crucifix...

I have a major job interview coming up. I am picking out my outfit, hair, shoes and accessories. I have a black onyx Crucifix that I never take off. It is so permanent there isn't even a latch on the string.

does anyone interview applicants? If so do you look at the religious jewelry as a negative?

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 5:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I used to interview applicants for on-air positions. If the crucifix is tasteful and won't blind the camera with the light it reflects, I wouldn't care about it.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Maybe wear it under your clothes?
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 5:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• it is too short on my neck and with the outfit. I would have to more or less wear a turtle neck or a high crew neck.

Wearing it under my clothes is an option but I will have to buy another outfit.

I also don't want there to be a lump under my shirt and look like I am trying to hide it.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 5:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Its not like your going into the interveiw with a prepared sermon! lol
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I've had to interview people in the past and never saw religious jewelry as a negative. Of course, I'm a christian so maybe that's why. :o)
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i don't think anyone will really look at that.. however you can cover it with a scarf..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Jewish people wouldn't care, Christians wouldn't care. an atheist might care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Anyone who would look at that as wrong,and not hire you because of it is guilty of violating your civil rights. You have just as much right to wear it as anything else.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• civil rights don't matter at interview time. how will you prove that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Maybe she won't be able to,but that's beside the point. It'd be no different than a Pagan wearing a necklace, I'm sorry,my mind went blank on what it is the star thing, I'm so sorry. Anyway, and they were treated badly as a result. Their rights would be violated,and it's the same if she wears a Crucifix.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009