Remind me again, How much money did we BORROW to save the banking industry?

Apparently it didn't work.

Joseph Stiglitz, the Nobel Prize- winning economist, said the U.S. has failed to fix the underlying problems of its banking system after the credit crunch and the collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.

Here is the whole article.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aYdgQkXu9eBg

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 5:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• **SHOCKIN*** You CANT fix money problems by throwing MORE money at it! All the sh*t is still in place that got us into this mess. H*ll the people in charge won't even admit WHO and WHAT (Barney Frank and co. and giving home loans to people WITHOUT JOBS) caused the problems, so how can they ever FIX them?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Obviously bailing out the banks did not work....people are still losing homes and businesses left and right in my town. The business executives got their million dollar bonuses all the while the executives got their offices redecorated after they went out for a thousand dollar lunch to celebrate their new found wealth, the American people are now paying for...and then they flew home drinking champagne.....then they had the audacity to come back and ask for more bailout money.....sounds like the party may be over....maybe.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 6:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Who started the business with the bailouts in the first place?
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 6:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• PsWifey, Who started the business with the bailouts in the first place?

You DO realize WE ALL B*tched about this when Bush started it, don't you? WHEN PELOSI accused Republicans of STONEWALLING because they DID NOT want to VOTE FOR IT??  Any of this RINGING a BELL???  Who are some Obama's Largest contributors? Ohh yea, besides hospitals & big pharma??? Please wake up.Stop being so naive!  It's ALL Politicians. Obama is just EXPANDING Bush's bailout EXPONENTIALLY.... So, are you pleased that you voted for Bush 2.0?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• OMG Ps....and that makes it RIGHT?I don't kno a single conservative that was happy about THAT/\. But the change man has borrowed WAY more. Sooo if you think everything bush did was stupid...then you agree that obamas spending is too...OR you think that Bush did right with that decision...which one?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Once that freight train got going, you really expect it to just stop? You are a bigger fool then I took you for!
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 6:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I never said or implied that made it right. You are wasting your time jumping to conclusions--go for a walk. It is far better exercise.
    PsWifey

• Yeah Ps....silly me...I thought when OBAMAsaid CHANGE there might be a chance in hell that he might mean it. Silly me. Dont YOU feel STUPID for falling for it?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I thought that it was not the right thing to do, to bailout the banks...I was not happy at all about President Bush on this.....I have never seen a bank bailout any homeowners or business that went under...so I do not feel sorry for the mess the greedy bankers put themselves in and the same goes for Obama......the change mans spending is out of control worse than any president before him.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 6:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

The fool is Obama for signing a bill he hadn't read (AIG bailouts) the bigger fool is those who blindly believe in him..

Yes, Obama has had to continue with some very bad programs, but the idea didn't originate there.

So is that the CHANGE you can Believe in? Niiiice... And you can call Bush whatever you like. I didn't vote for him in 2004~This isn't about Bush. It's about POLITICANS. Especially the ones that ARE in control!!! Soooo, did your congressman vote for the bailout? I know OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT did. My Congressman did NOT. Even though Pelosi publicly CALLED him out for voting no.  wake up.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009