camera freezing after taking every picture and not saving them?!

My camera is not even a year old yet and everytime I take a picture it freezes. I have to take the battery out and snap it back in to get it to restart or even go off. Then it doesn't even save the pictures! I found this out at my son's 1st time at the fair =( I don't want to miss out on taking pictures of any more memories especially since we have another little one on the way. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks!!

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Did you try new batteries? Mine dies that when it the batteries don't have enough power. I found the energizer rechargeable batteries work the best and keep their charge for a long time. I bought mine at Sams club.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• This camera has a battery that came with it that's rechargeable. And I fully charged it before the fair =( It's a battery specifically for this camera, so I can't go buy another too easily. Thanks for the idea though!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It's a fujifilm finepix camera if that helps any.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If it is less than a year old, it may still be under warranty. Contact the manufacturer.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I agree, contact the manufacturer or take it back to where you purchased it at and tell them you want to exchange it for another one because that one is faulty - most times even if it's been a while places are kosher with doing that because they want to keep your business. ^_^
    Kodeekins

Answer by Kodeekins at 10:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Yea...this is from Walmart. I have to argue with them to take something back with a receipt. I think I'm going to find someone with an sd card. I think mine may be messed up and that's what's wrong with it. We'll see soon!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Try resetting the camera ... Should have info on how to do this in your user manual. Try leaving the batteries out overnight.

It isn't an HP is it by any chance? LOL
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• lol. Nope. It's a fujifilm
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Fuji has had problem is the past with their point and shots.
    Call Fuji, they have a help center, here's the number and hours below.

Questions regarding your digital camera, please call 1-800-800-3854 and select option 1.

Business Hours:
    Monday-Friday
    9:00AM-8:00PM (E.S.T.)

Weekend Hours:
    Saturday & Sunday
    10:00AM-6:00PM (E.S.T.)
    jakjasjon

Answer by jakjasjon at 4:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Thanks for the info! Now who knows of a good brand for a digital camera? lol!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009