Open to all religions! When we die do you believe we will finally know the truth?

For example: Did my husband really cheat that time? Did OJ Simpson really commit murder? Or anything else that may be important to us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would like to think that we'll know the "truth" when we die. But all evidence points to the contrary, at least from what I've researched.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• No, I don't believe in God or any kind of religion. I believe that when we die we will be dead and that is it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Well, being heaven bound, I seriously doubt I'll care or even think about things like that. But, it's a good question in theory.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Good question. And we already know OJ did it. :o)
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I have read the Bible cover to cover but I can't give you quotes, sorry - if only I had a Concordance right now...Anyway, I do believe that we will know the truth about everything and the reasons for everything, too - if memory is serving me correctly. Will it be important to us at that point in Heaven? No, I hardly doubt it since Heaven is supposed to be only good, nothing bad, sad, hurtful, vengeful - just a complete peace that only God can offer through the sacrifice that His only Son made for us.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 6:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• No. I believe that death is the end of life and consciousness.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The only thing you will see is everything you did upon earth. That will happen on Judgment day.

Im curious.. those that think death is the end of life.... what do they think happens to a person's spirit?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Yes, I think we will know things, 1 Cor. 13:12 says, "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

And 1 Cor. 4:5 says, "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God."

Luke 8:17 "For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor [anything] hidden that will not be known and come to light."
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't' believe any of that will matter at that point.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I'm not sure, but I don't think trivial things like that will matter really.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009