Do you hate it?

Don't you hate it when you say something about your pregnancy , especially about birth and some one gives you some birth horror story completely unsolicited? For instance, you say "I'm getting induced this week" and they proceed to tell you how terrible their induction was and how they were in labor for 10 days only to have a c-section that left the most awful scar. Then end with saying "but i'm sure you wont have those problems."
Is it really necessary to give ALL the gory details...you cant just say "yeah I was induced and it didn't go so well...I really hope you have a better experience."

abbynzachsmommy

Asked by abbynzachsmommy at 6:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everyone did that to me when I was pregnant with my dd. I actually got mad at one lady who told me her birth horror story. I felt bad afterward of course, but I just didn't want to hear it.
    Nicole.Ryan12

Answer by Nicole.Ryan12 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I completely can relate with you. When i was pregnant with my first baby, i had a friend tell me how much pain she was in and all the gory details that i didn't want to hear or even ask about. I know better now that each pregnancy is different. I have 3 boys now. I would never do that to anybody. I can handle strories like that now that i know better. It doesn't bother me so much anymore.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My last birth was amazing!!!!! so much better than my first 2. I did hypnobabies for pain relief(google it)

as for induction it increases your odds for ending with a c-section by 50%. not trying to scare u but u should be informed on the risks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I actually love hearing other people's stories, even when I was pregnant! Although some of it did scare me, i knew mine would be unique!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• everyone has their own experiences with birth. mine was WONDERFUL... well my 2nd birth was. if someone starts talking about how *horrible* their birth was tell them to be quiet. stay positive about your birth, do research to try to prevent anything bad happening and never completely trust anyone when it comes to the care of you and your babies.
    donnamama

Answer by donnamama at 7:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• absa-friggin-lutly its like thanks for the kick in the ass like i wasnt scared enough omg i hate that
    jaders1220

Answer by jaders1220 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• This is my 3rd baby, and you'd think by this time I would have gotten use to the unsolicited advice..lol. I have had a "natural" birth, and an induction. And the induction was BY FAR the easier one. It just bugs me that people feel the need to tell a new mom (especially first timers) just how TERRIBLE their experience was.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009