how old was your baby when they first said "Mama"?

my daughter is 7 months and said mama. i dont know if she said it knowing what it means but i kind of do think that. shes very advanced to start with anyway. she said it the other day as i had her on the ground playing and i was running around geting her stuff together to go have my mom watch her and i go to work. she was crawling to me following me and kind of fussing and said "mama" she said it like "mommy i want you." and she said it again today while she was with her dad and was crying for me . when she saw me walk in the door she immediately got happy.. so what do you think? did she say it knowing what it means or no?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 4 mos she started saying mama, she quit at 8 and started saying dada (the day after he deployed) then around a year she started saying ball and that was all she said until 19 mos.

She knows what she is saying! It's always so cute when they say it like that!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• He said mama at 5 mo. but I don't think he knew what he was saying, now he is 10 mo. and I'm still not sure he knows what it means yet! Sometimes it seems like it and sometimes it doesnt! But it seems like everytime he is upset he says mama, and when he's happy he says dada, so I'm not sure exactly!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• my DD is 5 months shes been saying Omma since 4 months. She wont say mama but when she wants me she says Omma.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 7:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• still no mama. almost 7 months now. just dadadadadadada!! drives me crazy!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2009