Do you think this could be postpartum depression again?

With my first I started having weepy moments over nothing every now and then. After a month or two my dr decided that it was PPD and gave me meds for it. This time around I have been having weepy moments and sometimes I get so pissed off with my hubby for no reason. Never at my kids though. With my first though I also had thoughts of wanting to just walk out the door and leave her there. I never did it and I never harmed my daughter. This time I'm not having those thoughts but I don't remember when they started with my first. Do you think this is beginning signs of PPD or just my hormones going back to normal? I don't know what is normal since I had PPD the first time..... Help please.

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 6:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I would deffinatly say ask your doc. Maybe it is PPD, but you are just acting differently
    xoJessyxo

Answer by xoJessyxo at 6:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My drs apt is Tuesday and I am going to bring it up with him. I'm not just going to ask here. I just want to know your oppinions.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 6:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My PPD was worse each time. I never was weepy...I never could find a nice thing to say about or to my husband or anyone else for that matter, though.

I was ANGRY. It never took much to set me off, either. My husband could walk in the room and say "hi" and I'd just start yelling at him.

Yes, you have it "again" and should talk to the doctor, now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• There is a difference between the Baby Blues and PPD. I have a 5 week old son and I DEFINITELY had the baby blues. At random times during the day I would just get soooo down I would start crying for no reason at all. I would get so irritated and pissed off at my fiance that I would have to leave the room so I wouldn't tear his head off. None of these negative feelings were towards my child though...and after about a week or so after delivery, I was feeling back to normal. I have heard that PPD symptoms are a little different in that you have negative feelings towards your baby or have depression/sadness that lasts for more than 10 days after delivery. Either way if you feel worried or scared that you are developing PPD again, talk to your doctor. You are a good mommy for being concerned!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009