Mood swings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always had moodswings that were a little off(depressed,crying ,alot of anger).Well my moods seem to be getting worse and god help those that get in my path during that time of the month.I'm 30 yrs old.I have an autistic son that is very difficult to handle as it is and at times i get so angry i feel like punching a hole in the wall.I know i need help and i have an appointment to see my obgyn next week.Has anyone else experienced this?Is their anything i should ask about at my dr. appointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Health

• Ask for a prescription for an antianxiety such as Xanax. It really helps me, especially right before my period. I am also on Yaz birth control and it helps with the mood swings. It sounds like you have a lot going on and am overstressed. Sometimes we need a little help. It wouldn't hurt to have someone that can watch your son so you can have a break and to spend time by yourself. Talk to your doctor about all that is going on in your life and that your mood swings are getting worse. Seeing a counselor may help to, they can teach you nonmedication ways to cope with your mood swings and it is helpful to have someone to talk to outside of family and friends.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• try some lemon balm, i love it and can't wait to get back on it (im preg and its not studied in pregnancy) i have been on zoloft and prozac before and that crap just didnt work for me. search lemon balm on google if you want to try it. i always tell ppl about it bc its better to try something that doesnt have negative side effects first than to try harsh medications.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• There's a product out called Sam-e. It's by nature made, all natural I believe. My old boss at a place I worked at a few years ago told me about it. He was all about natural, herbal remedies. I always wanted to try it, just never made it there, then I had a total meltdown after I lost custody of two of my 7 kids and that pretty much did me in, so I ended up on lexipro. That's a good anti-depressant. I'm no longer on anything, but think I may try out that sam-e product because about 10 days before my period starts I get very agitated(not depressed) just extremely bitchy i guess you'd say. lol.

I'd prefer natural over prescription meds, but that's just my own personal preference, you may find that prescription drugs may work better than otc herbal meds.

I hope you find something to help you. I know what you're going through and it's no picnic. Try finding an hour out of the day(even fifteen minutes) to go for a walk.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 6:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Ask your doctor to recommend a therapist. You can learn techniques to handle your anger without disrupting your body chemistry.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It could be hormones. It could be bi polar or bpd. It could be a lot of things. Ask your dr. Until then try calming things like quiet time (no tv, no radio), maybe some aromatherapy to calm yourself down, breathing exercises or something to focus on like reading or drawing or a garden.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009