are some people more prone to mosquto bites than others

me and my partner live in the same home and me and my son are always the ones to get bitten and i cant figure out why my bites get swollen

Asked by yumymommy at 5:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Health

• Some people's "scent attracts them more. Could also be your perfume or lotion or hair products. Avon's skin so soft products keep the little buggers away like magic though.

Answer by vbruno at 6:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Um, if you smoke cigarettes, mosquitos can gett an addiction and actively seek out smokers over non smokers. and yes some peoples scent just smells yummier to the little buggers.

Answer by thegoddessofwit at 7:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Yes, I swear I am too. We must be sweeter than the rest. Avon sells a product called skin so repels bugs like nothing that I have ever seen and it doesn't have all of the chemicals. I just read that it is also a great crayon remover off of walls. check it out!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• There is a chemical in our bodies that mosquitos are attracted to. I can't remeber the name of it without looking it up. Some people produce more than others. They love my husband but really don't bother me.

Answer by DeniseEMTB at 9:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2008