Are you open to hearing others "witness" to you?

After reading below a question regarding an atheist speaking up in a situation, I was wondering how others feel when people DO state their beliefs to you in a conversation?
As I have heard by countless Christians, it is their "job" to witness to others; so are you open to hearing the same from someone of another belief system...even from an atheist?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am open, in fact I find it interesting....but I am a Christian and I shall not be moved ;)

No ill will felt....I just have strong beliefs...;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I respect other peoples beliefs and wouldn't be rude and not listen if they wanted to share what they believe. However, I have a very, very strong faith and it wouldn't change.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• no.... i am not! I get so sick of hearing so many different ideas that I stick to mine and don't want to hear yours... frankly IMO beliefs are yours alone! Everybody, even "christians' have different ideas... let it be! And yes, i am a christian!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I hope you all didn't think I was talking about any of you in that response. I was simply telling how one fanatical Atheist can ruin what others have worked hard to avoid. Same with the fanatical Christian groups. To be honest, I hadn't thought about that story for a long time. But, no one on here has ever acted that way,and I have no doubt you all are much more mature and self-respecting to behave in such a petty,ridiculous way.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I AM OPEN TO EVERYONES VIEWS, FAITH, OR LACK THEREOF.

Answer by older at 7:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I am open to a mutual adult conversation regarding religion. I am not open to a one sided argument trying to push me to change in order to "save my soul".

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I am a big fan of "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" If you have to be very vocal about your faith you need to be open to me bing vocal about mine. I dislike when some people think it is only ok to talk of their faith when they are Christians, but if one pagan wants to converse about their beliefs it is the end of the world.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I'm open to hear it but i don't promise i wouldn't respond with my belief. What i usually get is silence and or people don't bother again. i once asked someone why they no longer talk religion anymore and she said it was because she started doubting her own. I suppose that was the point.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• oh i forgot to mention, one of the things im not open to hear is that my religion is fake or my prophet is this or that or that my God is fake. convince me with proofs from your religion not with trying to denigrate mine because i have proofs for every thing i believe in straight from my holy book with translation or interpretation.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• im open to hearing anyone talk about their religion so long as they can act like an adult. once an angry word about ANY faith is uttered im gone. im okay with someone saying "i do not believe in God" but i am not okay with hearing "you are wrong for believing in God". i would never tell someone they are wrong for their beliefs, just that i disagree. but then im not a "witnessing" Christian.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009