do you think my daughter knows what she is s saying when she says Mama???

my daughter is 7 months and said mama. i dont know if she said it knowing what it means but i kind of do think that. shes very advanced to start with anyway. she said it the other day as i had her on the ground playing and i was running around geting her stuff together to go have my mom watch her and i go to work. she was crawling to me following me and kind of fussing and said "mama" she said it like "mommy i want you." and she said it again today while she was with her dad and was crying for me . when she saw me walk in the door she immediately got happy.. so what do you think? did she say it knowing what it means or no?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes I belive they do know what mama means, my baby does the same thing and it's just the sweetest thing to hear :)
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My little Nolan only says mama when he is fussy!! I think he knows what he is saying. He is almost 9 months and also says Adah for Dad! Your baby girl knows who her Mama is and knows that Mama has got the perfect touch to comfort her. You must be one proud mommy!
    vanessabrown

Answer by vanessabrown at 7:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You bet! How sweet.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Awww....I think that is so endearing! Yes, I do believe that when a baby gets the actual word out, not just the "mmm" sounds, they know exactly what they are saying and to whom they are referring.

I'm raising my infant granddaughter and about 5 days ago she said "gammy". She's 7 months old and I'm always telling her to come to Grammy, Grammy loves you, you're Grammy's angel, etc. So I guess she just picked up on it and came out with gammy for Grammy. I was tickled pink!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• :) awh i just melted when i heard it!! i was so happy and proud of her!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't know. My 6 month old is saying mama, dada, lala, baba, nana. She just says them. i'm not sure if she knows what they mean yet, but I like to think that she does.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Mine only says Momma in the middle of the night when she is teething and in pain.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009