Wild Game while pregnant?

Does anyone know if I can eat wild game (deer) while I am pregnant?

kolbiesmommy

Asked by kolbiesmommy at 7:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• thats a good question i would say why not but you really should ask your doctor that because you dont know what the deer was eatting before you shot it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Honey, I have eaten deer, elk, fish, beaver, racoon and yes even rattlesanke while i'm preggo. Venison is actually a very lean meat and good for you.
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 7:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I would still ask you dr any way cause pregnant women aren't even suppose to eat lunch meat unless it's microwave or cooked
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If you thoroughly cook it, it should be fine!!!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I dunno who told you that pregnant women cant eat lunch meat without it being microwaved but I think they were blowing smoke up your butt....Thank you ladies for answering my question..I think I ate it while I was pregnant with my daughter but couldn't remember.
    kolbiesmommy

Answer by kolbiesmommy at 7:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Actually it's "cooked" lunch meat they say you can eat lol. It's true, they really do tell you that. But they mainly say ham and stuff like that.
    :] just a fact.
    VonWiggles

Answer by VonWiggles at 7:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If you couldnt eat deer while pregnant, I wouldve starved. Lol. Its actually much better for you than beef, etc. Cause its not pumped full of antibiotics and hormones and such like farm raised animals.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2009