Can someone please offer some encouragung words to a mother who is at the end of her rope with a child who is extremely defiant and stubborn ? Child will be 4 in November

Son has recently been moved into a higer class at his preschool , so he is aroulnd some older children, he has come home saying, shut up, I dont love you, I am not your best friend anymore, leave me alone, and most popular is NO !!

AmberLGuyton

Asked by AmberLGuyton at 7:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If this behaviour started after getting a higher class in school, talk to his teacher! Talk to him ask him why he is saying these things and let him know they are hurtful. With my daughter I ignore it and talk to her later when she's calm and being nice. So she gets "attention" with good behaviour but the bad gets her NONE. This is what has worked for me. Also praising her for all the little things she does good helps my daughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I would talk to his teacher and see how he's doing in class. Bc when my son was in preschool he came home with some mean words too... It happans and it'll keep happening till he learns to just not say them too you. but when he's saying mean words i would talk to him and ask him why, and how he thinks it makes you feel and as long as you keep your cool he'll stop my son did and now he come's up and tells me what the kids say and then says was that bad mom... bc you told me it was.. so just stay calm
    sweetmissa47

Answer by sweetmissa47 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009