Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What percentage of people on your friends list

have either different political views or different religious views than you do? How close does that match up to the friends you have in the real world?

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

This question is closed.
Answers (17)
  • A few have the same views. But the majority I do not know. The group I am most active in (who are the majority of my friends list )don't ever discuss politics. We all get along great, we all care for each other, we do not talk politics, it helps stop drama.
    Crissy1213

    Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • Unless we are in groups together then I have no idea how they fall along those lines. It's about the same as real life.
    Liansmommie

    Answer by Liansmommie at 7:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • i'd say its about a 60/40 split, in both worlds...60% align politically with myself.
    thehairnazi

    Answer by thehairnazi at 8:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • Off the top of my head probably 40%ish have different political/religious beliefs than I do. Pretty similar to real life.

    Friday

    Answer by Friday at 9:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • I don't have a big load of friends on my list, but the majoriy of them believe in God, I'm just not sure what religion they are.
    mumma28

    Answer by mumma28 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • Oh and I only have 1 so-called friend in real life that's Catholic like me. No one else believes in God..weird huh?
    mumma28

    Answer by mumma28 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • Seeing as I spend most of my time in the politics section, the majority of my CM friends are closely aligned with my views. As for real-life, I'd say about 60% of my friends share my views....the other 40% consist mainly of the teachers I work with, and I KNOW better than to discuss politics in THAT environment! LOL
    LoriKeet

    Answer by LoriKeet at 9:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • Roughly 35%.
    grlygrlz2

    Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • Religious? No idea. I don't normally talk religion with people. It's something private between themselves and their family.

    grlygrlz2

    Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • Gosh, I'm not sure. I'd say at least 45% share my belief system or something close to it. Political ideas? No clue. I have a ton of friends.
    caitxrawks

    Answer by caitxrawks at 10:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN