Why do people feel the urge to cheat?

Even though they have it made at home...or do they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Every has the urge to cheat at one time or another. Its whether or not they have enough morals and or self respect to say no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It's not about if they have it made at home or if they get "it" at home. According to the book Why Men Cheat, based on a study of men who cheated - it's about how they are made to feel at home. If they don't feel appreciated and like King of their Castle then they find someone who will make them feel that way, emotionally. Once that happens then the physical isn't too far behind. Of course there are always the few that cheat bc they can and they like to do it. Some might even have a sexual addiction so there is nothing a wife can do to stop that type of guy but those guys don't think it has anything to do with his relationship with wife. He considers them two separate things but I bet she doesn't when she finds out! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 7:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The thrill & excitement I guess.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 7:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My answer to this would be the thrill of something new...Look at all the women's magazines and check out the topics of how to keep the romance going in a relationship. After a while, things do become routine and some equate that with BORING. Knowing someone else wants you, the newness of their touch and risk of getting caught is a real turn on for many. Sometimes it could be that the person truly has come to have feelings for the other, but is reluctant - of which many could apply - to leave the S/O.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 7:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Maybe the wife or so is too overly bossy and makes him feel inferior.
    Maybe the diversity of the other person
    That other person might have a huge crush and keep pursuing him
    A diversion or pastime when the other woman is sick or fighting with them
    It is sad but the excuses are endless and no excuse for cheating.....
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

•  "no morals and self respect to say no"? BS that's just something some righteous holier than thou judgmental person spews out when they have no clue what to say that makes sense. go say a prayer and quit talking about something you know nothing about. your dh is probably cheating just to get away from some know it all like you, anon 6:19

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Cuz they are cowards and come up to there spouse and just talk to him/her.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• "no morals and self respect to say no"? BS that's just something some righteous holier than thou judgmental person spews out when they have no clue what to say that makes sense. go say a prayer and quit talking about something you know nothing about. your dh is probably cheating just to get away from some know it all like you, anon 6:19

Funny how you assume to know me when you know nothing! I dont even go to church and am far from "hollier than thou"! As far as something that I "know nothing about" I cheated on my ex husband(not why we divorced)...and it was because I was young, dumb, without morals, and no self respect. Thank goodness I have grown up and realize how stupid i was. I have more morals and self respect now than to reduce myself to a piece of ass. If I am not happy then I will leave. Looks like I know a little bit more about that "BS" I was spewing than you thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I believe in my heart that people (men and women) cheat if there is something missing from their relationship. Whether it be certain aspects of intimacy, intellectual stimulation, or respect.
    people cheat to fill a need that their patners are taking for granted.
    Of course that may just be why women cheat. Ive met a few guys that couldnt be faithful to anyone even though they had ALL their needs met so who knows
    maybe also immaturity would be a cause people cheat.
    just a few guesses for ya!
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 7:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I never understand someone who cheats. You obviously don't want to be with someone if you are cheating on them so why not just end it, and then be with someone else. I would leave DH before I would cheat on him and I've told him he better do the same because he'll be in a living hell if I found out he has cheated when I've given him a way out if he has the balls to take it.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 8:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009