How do I get rid of flees?????

Any suggestions I can try. I have bombed 3 times and cleaned my house top to bottom and sprayed everything with 2 or 3 different flee and tick sprays and I still cant get rid of them I was told to try spraying rubbing alcohol through out my house cause that kills them and I did that and it didnt work PLEASE HELP I WANT THEM GONE!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pets

• salt salt salt..just sprinkle table salt on your floors and vacume up 5mins later the fleas hate it and once vacumed empty your canister into the outside trash. good luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I'd love to know if the salt thing works. I'm in pest control and the only thing i can say is if the general bombs and sprays havnt worked to have someone come in and do it professionally. Fleas arent easy to get rid of. One problem you may have is that you need to repeat your bomb a few days later cause the eggs they layed will hatch and then you have a whole new problem. good luck.
    Valentina79

Answer by Valentina79 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• call terminex it $ about 210 but wel well worth it
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I am a veterinarian and the best advice I can give you is to treat all of your pets with a topical flea medication such as frontline- get from your vets office since over the counter products do not work very well. This will kill all fleas on your pets. Make sure that if you have cats that the product is specifically labelled to be used on cats (many are toxic to cats). Then treat your house again since the eggs are laid in the environment. Wash all your pet bedding. vaccum several times over a few week period and empty the bag/canister everytime so they do not mature in the vaccum cleaner. It is a long process but once taken care of you should treat your pets monthly with a topical medication to prevent this from happening again. Good Luck.
    BabyD09

Answer by BabyD09 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't know if you are willing to go the anti pesticide route...but I use diatomaceous earth, food grade. A 50 pound bag is pretty inexpensive (especially compared to bombs). I sprinkle it inside and outside my home, I also dust my pets with it. I wash the dogs with Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap, it really has made a huge difference. You can't use diatomaceous earth with a crawler in the house, because it should not be inhaled. You can also add it to your pet's food, to help control internal parasites. I have been doing this just over a year, I found out about it on the web. You can also use it in your yard and garden, a place where your flea problems might be starting. It will kill any insect with an exoskeleton, ants spiders etc.

Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 8:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Frontline ......... When the flees go on pets they die untl there aren't anymore. The sm. town pet store owner says that flea bombs and spray don't kill the eggs because they can't penitrate the eggs.
    Timberly

Answer by Timberly at 8:27 AM on Sep. 15, 2009