Have you ever ordered a cake with

fondant and if so how many layers and what did it cost?

I want to order a b-day cake and I want fondant because it looks nicer and I want it docorated like the b-day decorations.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I decorate cakes. The best way to get an answer on this is to call local bakeries. Certain areas will charge more, others less. You need to figure out how many servings before you call them because pricing will depend on that and intricacy of the decorations.

Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 7:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Have you ever tasted fondue, we were going to get my DD wedding cake made out of fondue,until,we tasted a sample, it wasn't good at all. Yes,it makes a cake gorgeous,but,not good. This is only my opinion.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Not fondue but fondant. It tastes like eating playdoh. It is really gross, and really expensive. It def looks pretty but tastes horrible.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I'm not big on the taste of it either. Whenever I eat a fondant cake, I usually peel it off. It reminds me of those old snowball cakes from Hostess or something. There's just something about the texture. Def see if a bakery will give you a sample to taste before you spend a lot of money on a fondant cake.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• im not a fan of fondant buttercream is so much more edible! :D
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 8:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• geez people, I have tasted fondant and I know it doesn't taste that good but that wasn't the question!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Ditto to what Psylocke suggested to you.
    I hope you end up with a lovely cake. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2009