Cramping in my feet?

I've been getting this constant cramping in my feet. Do you think maybe it could be a vitamin i'm lacking? Or just normal pregnancy weirdness. I'm 31 weeks if that helps.

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 7:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have heard muscle cramping can be a symptom of iron deficiency but that's not always the case. I had frequent cramping in my legs during my last few months of pregnancy and my iron levels were fine. I would let your doctor know and they might be able to check your blood and see if there is a problem but its probably nothing.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• It's probably the weight you gained.Are you on your feet alot?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• magnesium is good for muscle cramping. It help when I got "growing pains" ie leg pains in pregnancy. also up your water intake(couldn't hurt!)
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• make sure you are wearing shoes w/ good arch support.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i don't think i'm on my feet an extreme amount, really. and it's a different pain than what i get when i am on my feet for a stretch. do you know if it's okay to take extra magnesium? i'm taking prenatals, so i don't really know the max i should take. and i will def drink more water - thanks lynette!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My feet did that. I needed potassium. Try eating a banana when it happens, that can help.
    LUVWJ

Answer by LUVWJ at 7:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2009