Are you carded?

I am 2 months shy of 30 yrs old. When I was young, stupid, and a smoker I got away with buying cigarettes without being carded. I looked older than my age.

Today, I was buying cigarettes for hubby. I no longer smoke BTW. Anyway, I ask for the brand of cigarettes and I'm carded. lol. I find it funny that at 16 I could go anywhere and buy them, but at 30 I must produce my license. I know laws have changed yada yada. But most people do not follow the card under 40 rule in my state. Not that I'm complaining. I just find it entertaining.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 7:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I work at a bar and I carded a kid-dang it-just turned 21 two days prior. Three days later I go into the convienence store and HE just happens to be behind the counter. With a smirk on his face, he asks me for mine!
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 7:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• if i go into a store w/no makeup and just jeans or yoga pants and a tshirt i don't get carded if i am out for the day dressed w/makeup i get carded every time. guess they think i'm trying to look older, or the makeup does its job and makes me look younger...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Usually you get carded now if you look 40 or under. In most states it's the law to card no matter what.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• lmao
    i will be 29 on thurs
    i get carded everywhere for ecerything
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i dont buy things that require getting carded but if i did i would get carded,most people that dont know me think im still in high school,the people that do seem to think i stayed a teen,my own brother asked me how old i was and i said go ahead and guess,and he said 17 i said "come on do your math right,i was 13 when you were born and your almost 17 yourself" then he said "well i keep thinking your young cause you look it" yeah thats my own brother.truth is i love it :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Every single time....
    I'm 26 and look 18 so I always get carded... I have even had to present 2 forms of ID before because I was out of state and they thought my DL was a fake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• yes, not all the time but pretty often
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I get carded buying children's cough syrup. That cracks me up. But I rarely buy alcohol. Last time I had a drink out (at a Chilis) neither me or my husband were carded. I had just turned 32.
    In my 20s I sometimes did and sometimes didn't.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Two years ago (I was 40), I had to buy cigarettes for my mother at walmart while she was unable to drive to get her own damn cancer sticks. I was carded. Only I didn't have any ID on me. So I had to put them back. (Someone thoughtfully told me later that he was sure she was being "flattering", and that she didn't think for a second I looked too young, but since she refused me service, it's that's true, she was being a bitch.) Fortunately, she went on break before I left the store, and a cashier who knew me took over that register.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 8:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I was out with a friend and we went to dinner. The waiter asked if we were celebrating anything and we said yest a night away from the kids. He asked how old hers were and her oldest is 9. He didn't card her but when I ordered my drink I got carded. We are 28. I didn't think that I would ever get carded but I guess I was wrong.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009