*spin off* If you could control how your tax dollars were spent, which programs would you support and which ones would you not?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would cancel the space program, stop giving money to big AG, and curtail the military. I would guarantee a college or trade school education to all of our children. I would mandate two years of national service (military, VISTA, etc.) for all 18 year olds.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i want all the tax money i have put in to, go into a "special program" that is 100% good at getting people who abuse the sytem off of anthing.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• LOL, don't we all?

Get ready for the guard dogs to come barking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• For starters I wouldn't allow my tax dollars to fund Israel's genocide of the Palestinians people. I hate the fact that like 7 millions dollars A DAY of our tax dollars are sent to them while we borrow money from China.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• rkoloms, I sooooooo agree with the Space Program- total waste of money.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• id support more educational programs to keep the hooligans off the streets and id deffinatly not send money to fund abortions (im pro life) if they want to kill their baby do it on thier own dime not mine. id also send more into the reasearch for autism and help their parents to afford the special training and education their kids need as well as send money to fund research of SIDS.

and im probably going to get hate mail from PRO CHOICE folks and i dont care bring it on lol..
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• We would not even be a country today if not for the space program. We would not be sitting here arguing with each other on the internet. We would not have news as it happens, we would be a third world country in SOOO many ways
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

This is really good!! You would CURTAIL the military and REQUIRE people to serve to years....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Why pay the willing when you can make the unwilling do it for free? Yeah, that spells strong national defense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I would make my first cuts to unessential social programs. Note I said UNESSENTIAL. There also wouldn't be any money for marsh mice or turtle tunnels or any kind of crap like that. I would also cut salaries and benefits to our congressional leaders. They would also see a huge drop in their own little budgets. I would also drastically lower aid to other countries. We should not be BORROWING money to give to another country. Let them borrow their own.

I would also eliminate a lot of federal mandates..too many things to go into here.

A lot of stuff..it would probably take a book to get it all in!
    Tax cuts
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009