Grinding teeth?!

Hi there, so my 9 1/2 month old bbg got her 1st tooth up top, she has 3 on the bottom already. She JUST started grinding the top and bottom today and its driving me crazy. I hate it when my hubby would do it in his sleep, but she's sat there with me doing it, i think she knows it gets to me as i react with a freaked out giggle and screw my face up and put my fingers in my ears, i have to, it makes my teeth curl! Ha!
Anyone else had this and how do i go about stopping her? Is it possible? x

Texanairforce1

Asked by Texanairforce1 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most babies do that, my 10 month old has been doing it since he got his first teeth.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You can't make them stop. They will eventually grow out of it. My niece just grew out of it and she will be 6 in one month. Good luck it would drive me nuts and it did when my niece was little.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My little boy used to do this and the dentist said that he would grow out of it. Not sure what he'll grow out of it means, because he's still grinding his teeth and he's 8 1/2 now. We are going to look into a mouth guard soon. I don't like that idea either, though, because mouth guards can create cavities. I will have to pick the lesser of the two evils:)

Good luck!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Every baby I've ever known has done it. Most grow out of it. My 11 month old does it too. It give me chills down my spine! How can they stand it in their own heads! ehhhgggg

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009