Toothache from hell.

Im pregnant. Tylenol, gargling with salt water, gargling with baking soda, flushing it with vanilla, brushing with sensodyne, NOTHING is working. This crap is worse than labor pains, what else is there I can try? No more tears please..........

Oh and for those who need obvious instruction- I dont want to go to e.r. because there isnt much they can do- and a dentist costs up front and insurance reimburses and I dont have the cash ( or abillity to bounce a check lol) up front. I have to home remedy this for a couple more weeks)

tsjpop

Asked by tsjpop at 7:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Health

• take a some ground clove and put it on the tooth that hurts and it numbs it and takes the pain o way, I was in the same situation once and my friend suggested that and it took the pain withing a couple of minutes

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• IBUPROPHIN i prolly spelt that wrong i dont care i have a masssive tooth infection of my own so i can appriciate your pain the whole upper left side is in constant pain and it seems that the non asprin stuff seems to help a lot i take 1500 mg every 4hrs or sometimes less if i dont need it..also you can try getting straight ambisol not the gel but the liquid it taste like money butt but works like a charm put it on a qtip and bite down on it for 30 seconds...good luck hun and i feel for you..
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• sorry
    it took the pain o way in couple of minutes, it works great never thought a spice can really take oway a tooth ach so fast
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• zilactin b helped me a lot when I had wisdom teeth issues its designed for canker sores but it has a strong topical anethestic in it (safe to use while pregnant) and creates a thin barrier between teh affected area and outside irritants (I used it a lot when I had dry socket or over a cavities that needed to be filled) its pretty cheap and can e found in just about any pharmacy dont even bother with ambesol or oragel that stuff is a joke
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• cloves work well too in fact thats what they use when you have dry socket after you have your wisdom teeth removed though the taste is most definitely less than pleasnt though it may help with morning sickness lol
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Do not take ibuprofen, not when you are pregnant. It can cause you to bleed. You can take tylenol but for me it never worked for toothaches. I ended up getting a root canal when I was in my first trimester because I couldn't take the pain anymore. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can take when you are pregnant, even anything herbal. All I could do is put a heating pad or ice pack and sleep on it. Nothing else really worked including orajel, tylenol, or anbesol. I wish I had advice...Good Luck
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Try ice packs then heating it. I'm sorry you're going through this. I know exactly how you're feeling and I couldn't imagine being pregnant at the same time. That's the only thing I can really think of while you're pregnant.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2009