Guy Trouble?

So...Im 8ish weeks along. The father left me when I told him I was expecting his child.
Ive been seeing another guy for about a month, and hes amazing...BUT I havent told him that Im pregnant yet.
How do I tell him without completely ruining any chance of a real relationship?

BabyMama241

Asked by BabyMama241 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• group hugLet's see what kind of guy he really is, tell him. If not, he'll figure it out on his own and that won't be fair to him. Relationships should be built on honesty. Now's the time...we'll go with you...let's tell him now.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Just be honest. You can't build a decent relationship w/o honesty. Let him know that you are pregnant and that it isn't his and that the father left you when you told him. I wish you luck and I send you a big hug.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Start by telling him you didn't want to scare him off right away and then tell him. If he's a decent guy he will stick around if not, at least you know.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 8:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• dont stay with this guy,yeah he sounds great and all but you did it wrong its called on the rebound ,it will not work, how do you expect him to take that? hey im pregnant and i was about 1 month when i met you and yes i hopped right on to something new,not fair for him,plus what do you expect this guy to do say oh yeah i can really trust you from now on and hey ill even be the dad,chances are slim sorry to say that but its the honest truth.focus on your baby and let that be the only happiness you need for now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You need to be honest. Tell him what happened. You also have to decide what you want to do with the baby. Are you going to keep it, abort it or give it for adoption? I know this is hard right now, but no matter what he says, you have to decide what you want to do. Good luck with everything.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• wow. Anonymous, I didnt get with this guy on rebound. Thats low.
    BabyMama241

Answer by BabyMama241 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• it was fast. have i done this b4 myself ? heck yeah! im not looking down on you for that at all,the truth is it was fast and all im saying is focus on your baby why stress yourself over all of this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• ive been in the exact same situation. Right after i got pregnant with my son the guy apparently decided that wasnt the life for him and i havent seen him since. Really the sooner the better. I wouldnt wait another day. He will either accept it or totally freak out. You cant control it.
    When i told my man, He was ok with it. I got lucky cuz were still together, he treats my son like his own plus we have one together. So I am proof that sometimes that situation can work out.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 8:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You really need to be honest with him before either of you are too invested in this relationship. I understand that it is scary, but you will start showing in a few months and then he may be even more upset. If this relationship is meant to be, it will work out, if not, take care of yourself and your unborn baby and eventually someone will come along that loves you both. Good luck.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 1:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Here is a thought: focus on building a future for you and your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2009