My DH is overfeeding my children.

My Dh comes from a morbidly obese family and now he is feeding our children huge bowls of ice cream EVERYNIGHT!! I told him we need to watch our children's weight closely since obesity runs in his family and he says they are just children and they will burn the calories off. Now I don't care if they have an ice cream treat once a week or so, but don't you think everynight is a little excessive? Who's right in your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• omg, bad habits start at an early age. kick his ass, and stop with the ice cream
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't think that everynight is a good thing. My DD doesn't get sweets hardly ever. I would compromise and say one large bowl once a week would be okay but not every night.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't think every night is a good thing. I watch what and how much my kids eat, taking into account that sometimes they don't eat very much and other times they make up for it. but it's not ok to teach kids to eat when not hungry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't mind my son eating ice cream everyday in the summer time, that's why it's there, as long as it's a small portion, I just don't give it to him everyday cuz the sugar makes him jump of the walls and I can only take so much of that, he is very strong willed and hiper boy as it is and with sugar on top of that he is out of control. I'm not concerned about him gaining any weight he is very active, even if he ate ice cream everyday he would just burn the calories. It just depends how active your kids are.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• They are not YOUR children...your husband is a parent too!

Ice cream each night isn't excessive in hot weather. Ask him to buy the low-fat variety, no sugar-added varieties, or switch to frozen yogurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• do what anonymous said but only give small amounts not a huge bowl. and if you dont want to do that. dont allow it in the house...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I think that a HUGE bowl every night is too much, but a small bowl shouldn't be too bad as long as they are active during the day. Maybe sometime invest in small bowls (about a hoodsie cup size, maybe a little bigger) to put the ice cream in for the kids?
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I dont see a problem with ice cream at night, just not more than they should need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I agree with you in this scenario. If you do the grocery shopping, I recommend that you stop buying ice cream.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Does he enjoy being so big or his family being so big? What about the health issues that him and his family faces?? Ask him if that's what he wants for his kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2009