How will a single mom survive emotionally?

Give me some advices pls..

jhersey

Asked by jhersey at 8:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My 1st husband & I split up when I was about 2 months pregnant. I went through the entire pregnancy & birth without him. What did I loose? Nothing except somebody else sticking their dirty finger in my pinwheel. What I'm saying is I'm assuming your still pregnant now. Your more emotional than you normally are. Most men are a pain in the ass anyway. They just make more work for you around the house & with a baby, your going to have enough laundry. With no man around, & a baby, you don't have to feel guilty if you eat cereal for dinner. You can take a nap with the baby, uninterrupted by some bozo wanting to know where his whatchama-doodle is. The only thing that makes it hard is getting by financially. If you can live cheap, your golden.  Just think about all the positive stuff. Girl, suck it up! You got it made! I'll give you my new husband. He's great, I swear! Chin up. I'm jealous.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• By believing in yourself!!! You can and will be strong for your child, if you have any maternal instincts -- which almost every woman does. Will it be easy? No, I'm sorry to say that, but I do not want to lead you to believe something that isn't true. Is it worth it? YES!
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 8:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The best advice I can give you is to lean on family and friends for support. If your religious then pray your heart out! I hope everything works out for you. Feel free to message me if you need to talk.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I love to give my opinion dear but you have to be more specific. Do you mean survive emotionally from not having a mate? Easily. Trust in yourself. You gave birth! Surviving anything else is a piece of cake!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• take 1 day at a time, allow your self to cry when you need to and be strong when you need to

its hard but doable
    my son just turned 6 and i have been on my own from day 1
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You'll do fine. Amazing how when you become a mother, you find new strengths you didn't know you had. I did, you will too.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 14, 2009