3 year old has BAD BAD attitude since baby was born!!

My ds has had a bad attitude he will not listen to me. As soon as DH leaves he does what he wants. I have tried timeout spanking everything! I spend alot of time with him. Whenever the baby sleeps I grab the baby monitor and we go outside. Is this normal for his attitude to change? It also seems when he gets home from school its worse. I just want my little boy back. He use to be so good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Keep your patience. My DD has started to act up a bit as well since we brought baby home, but reassurance and consistency has helped. I tell her how awesome she is and stick to our old routine. I make sure I put her to bed without the baby, and get her up in the morning alone as well. I'm sure your son will come around
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• My son is the same way, but it also started before the baby and only got worse afterward. I don't really have too much advice except to stick with the punishments and hopefully things will get better soon.
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• What else can I try to get him to listen to me while DH is gone.? The only time he acts like this is when he is gone. He also yells so he can wake the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Oh,you have alot of things going on that can contribute to his behavior. First,he is 3,being 3 is worst than the terrible 2s,also, he goes to school,picking up bad behavior from others, lastly,the new baby, things will get better,now,if you only can hold on to then. Congrats, on the birth of your baby.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• this is typical behavior for a toddler who is not getting enough attention. put your baby in a sling to carry and nurse, and spend more one on one time with your child. you will see improvement!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2009