Are their any caring loving doctors anymore??

Do doctors care about their patients in todays world or are we just a paycheck. I went to the ER for migrains and got horrible treatment they didn't even listen to me and they prescribed me a medicine that didn't work and now im crying an screaming in pain

jesusgirl99

Asked by jesusgirl99 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Health

• nah, its like fast food now. I think the only half ways descent Drs are Pediatricians...and even some of them are awful!

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Good doctors are a dying breed. I prefer holistic doctors.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 8:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I have a wonderful doctor that I have been going to for 15 years. He got fired from one place because he spent too much time with the patients and didn't meet their quota. It was really stupid. Whenever I went in to see him he spent as much time as it took to listen to you and if I had a question about one of my daughters he would check them out without charging me. He also seen me for free once when I didn't have insurance and was in pain. But I do have to say that the ER doctors do not seem to care, at least the ones I have seen. 

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I agree that ER doctors have gotten worse over the years but my primary physician is the best. She is a wonderful doctor but acts like a friend who listens and cares. She's never been wrong and gets it right on the first trip to her. Other doctors I've had you have to visit a half a dozen times before they figure it out but I think that is to get more money from the office visits. Remember that YOU have the power to report the ER doctor and how you were treated. Don't let that doctor get away with it. See if the hospital has a website and send an email to the Hospital Director. If not, then write a letter. I promise that the Director will read it and take it seriously. I'm sorry about your headache though. Not sure how to help that

Answer by admckenzie at 9:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• If you have a migraine you shouldn't be on the computer. You should avoid light and noise as much as possible and use a cold compress on your forehead.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I don't think so. When I was in labor -- for 35 hours -- the only time I saw my doctor was when she walked in right when I was ready to push. We had seen her like 4 different times and she never came in to see me. A colleague of hers -- my soon-to-be new doctor -- was the one that came in and got me my epidural. I had been asking for it for a long time and the nurses kept saying that my doctor thought i didn't need it. I asked for it and didn't get it for 4 hours. I'm freaked about going to that same hospital but with all the other ones being at least 40 minutes away, I don't really have much of a choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I agree, the computer will worsen the migraine but YES docs lack bedside manners nowadays. It makes you feel like a number.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I think they want to be but there are laws that stipulate how many patients they have to see so it makes it difficult to make the time necessary to actually talk to their patients. This seems to be the problem in all areas of our lives these days though... there is no such thing as customer service any more... rarely common courtesy... our world is becomming so distant and cold... it is sad.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Find a family practice doctor. If you are in the Chicago metro area, send me a message offlist and I will forward a couple of recommendations to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2009