how do i get rid of roaches/beetles?

All of a sudden it feels like my house is being taken over. I just killed 3 or these bugs in the last 5 minutes. My husband says they are beetles, but they could be roaches. They are little black things that crunch bad when you squish them, and they run like crazy from you. I have no clue where they are coming from. They like to come out at night mainly, but I also see them in the early morning. They are grossing me out. My 10 month old tried to eat one yesterday before I even saw it. I swept the floor, dumped it, and looked back and they are there. UGH! what do i do? and how do i know what they are?

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 8:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Bug Bomb!!! Or you could try skin so soft from Avon. That works awesome and it would take a lot of it to be harmful to your baby.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• mop with ammonia, they hate it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• what state are you in?
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 12:52 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• boric acid and bay leaves

Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Have you had alot of rain? We were getting them bad, but we think we have a leak in our bathroom. That is where they come from. The Big Water Roaches..... l used liquid bates. They are GROSS!!!
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 9:29 AM on Sep. 14, 2009