I made a mistake in choosing a daddy...

I have to get leave the father of my unborn child... How do I explain things to her when she is old enough to ask about him? How do I make sure she doesn't resent me? How do I tell her the truth about him without bashing him? I don't want her to resent me... But he is not father material... This baby wasn't planned... When I found out I was pregnant I thought he was the one... over the last couple of months he has proven otherwise... Please help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unless he wants to be part of the baby's life, don't tell her anything about him. When she gets old enough to ask, tell her something simple. Kids don't need a long drawn out explanation with all the gory details.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• wow deja vu for me.......i left my "donor" actually before i found out i was preggo. he promised the world for the baby and has proven otherwise as well. i've since married and he's all the daddy my baby needs. The donor (again i cant find any other appropriate term) has had no contact with us for 8 months and I'm happy for that. All I can say is it will be hard telling my son that his "dad" wanted nothing to do with him. But he will need to know in time. When he gets a lil older and sees big brother going to his moms (my step son) then it will be something I can bring up. I dont know the wording, but I will do it. She wont resent you. And if the dad chooses to be a part of her life, all you can do is be her mom and she will see how he is. Kids learn when parents make mistakes. Its fricken hard this situation, but it will make you a stronger person. And DD will see you as a strong woman. What I can offer (cont)
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• is a shoulder to lean on and a person to talk to when you get discouraged. But you can do it. Good luck. And be strong. You'll probably need that more with him than your LO.
    best wishes
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• im going through the same thing :( men are douchebags. luckily i have the help of my family and they will love him (baby) just as much as i do. good luck, try not to worry too much.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2009