What did/does your wedding cake look like?

QueenBee319

Asked by QueenBee319 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We got married during the Christmas season almost 15 years ago. I decorate cakes so I made my own. We had two tiered side cakes that had a crystal staircase going up and meeting between them, on that we had our porcelain bride & groom. The stairway was decorated with red and white rosettes and white ribbon. From the tiers another crystal staircase set went to a single layer cake. Under the highest crystal staircase I had a miniature decorated Christmas trees with tiny wrapped "gifts" and lights. The cakes were chocolate and yellow, decorated in white buttercream with white and red buttercream roses.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• When ex-DH & I got married, we had a sheet cake with Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head on it. We had a super casual wedding & it was really cute. We had a formal reception & my MIL made a traditional 3 tiered white wedding cake. She told us to save the top & eat it on our one year anniversary but we thought that was gross, lol, and ate it the next week (hmm, now that we are divorced, maybe I should have saved that wedding cake!!!).

When current DH & I got married, my Sis bought us a cake from Costco. It had our names on it & the word Forever & was decorated in fall flowers (we got married in October). Not exactly a wedding cake but it was soooo yummy!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• We had red velvet cupcakes With orange, reds & yellow frosting. We got married in october they were amazing.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I just went to my niece's wedding on Saturday, and while the cake was beautiful, the icing was fondant which tends to become hard and almost chewy, yuck...
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• We had a 3 layer white cake with flowers on, between the layer was cherry filing. Lannie loves cherry pie or anything cherry.So good
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 11:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• A bottle of bud light (litterally)...we had a destination wedding in vegas and after we said "I do" I asked dh what he wanted to do and he said to get drunk, so we did.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2009