Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

medicaid and foodstamps question! not just for fun i dont know where to put it lol

can u transfer medicaid, and food stamps? OR...Do you have to cancel them and apply for them where u move?/ Im moving to SC from NC so my kids and i can get a place to live and i can finally find a damn job and get off this government shit. i lost my job then found out i was pregnant ppl in NC told me i couldnt live in government housing bc i NEED to pay something. but they let a 17 yr old and her 2 kids live there for free for 4 months. hell i was 8 months pregnant and they turned me down.. are they allowed to do that??.


Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Medicaid is done state by state they might can transfer it but foodstamps are done county by county so I feel sure you will have to reapply in your new county. But you will be able to use any benefits on your card in SC.

    Answer by treynlisa at 10:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • you have to go and apply at your new state but tell them that you have it already in the one you are in. they will probably transfer it for you since the two states are linked together.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • thanks

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • ty

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2009