Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would love advice on in home daycare

I would love some advice on in home daycares?
I would love to have an in home daycare with a maximum of 4 children. Right now I keep a 3 month old. When we move to a new town, what should i look for in a rental home? Would an apartment work? Also, how would i go about advertising and what all would i need to do to get clients? Thanks for the help

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • This is a hard one... who's doing it? u or someone else... well n-eways if you send ur kidz to a home daycare you are putting your kids on a sliding scale.. who knows if he/she the babby sitter is beating or not feeding them! make sure there is camera's and more than one teacher/babbysitter!! not going to put crap in ur head.. now if your going to do it for you, than money is a must and u have to have a licens to do so! G00d luck!!

    Answer by Linsigirl26 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • I would say a larger apt or rental home would work fine. I would make sure that there is a enough room to put sleeping bags if the kids are young enough to need a nap or atleast 2 small beds (like toddler size). Make sure there is a good size yard for the children to play in. I would say look for one maybe with an extra room taht is a good size or a finished basement. So you could keep toys and snacks, that way they could nap there too. But my mom watches children in her home and she doesnt have a finished basement or anything. She has a 3 year old. So in my sisters room she has 2 toddler beds. She has toys in different areas of her home. She does have a good size yard, they are always outside. For advertising network the crap out of yourself lol. Anytime your doing anything talkin to a friend getting your hair done just non-chalantly mention that you have an in-home day care and have an opening. Also notify your nearby church

    Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • that will give you good feedback and clients without the drama. Also check into being a CCIS sitter. That way your checks come right from the gov. hope this helps

    Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • Don't forget to child proof EVERYTHING!! Check to see what liscenses you will need like infant CPR and reg. CPR, and any other courses to help tell parents how responsible and reliable and safe your home daycare is. Have a schedule that the parents can get a copy of so they know what their child will be doing all day. If neccesary, make up a contract about payments and dates so parents can sign it and be responsible for paying on time. Include craft time, nap time, breakfast, lunch, etc.. in your schedule. Be ready to let parents walk all over the house to check it for themselves.

    Answer by NicoR at 11:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • Oh, my aunt says she has to buy certain soaps for kids to wash their hands...soap without chemicals or such that is also somewhat safe if swallowed, and be sure to lock or store things high out of reach of the kids.

    Answer by NicoR at 11:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

  • First, you need to find out how to get licensed. I would never leave my child with a stranger who was not licensed; I would also want to speak with references.

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.