How can I get a job and fast????

I live in connecticut and I see that most of you momz live far away.. I have two kids and a husband that I take care of everyday.. I want to go out and work.. I can do mostly everything..(((sales-factory-telemarketing-secratary-aid-etc... any info on where and how!!!! please hel moms....

Linsigirl26

Asked by Linsigirl26 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• oops help is what i mis-spelt.....sorry
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• You need to get out and see who's hiring! Start with indeed.com; you'll find all the ads in your area.

Make sure you have a resume that's up-to-date and spelled correctly. If there's a workforce development center in your area, head over to it.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Check the classifieds as often as possible, and if you'd like to work somewhere, go ahead and leave them an application. Who knows when someone will quite or get fired. Check on monsterjobs.com too. Apply anywhere and everywhere. If you want to work from home, this is what I do to bring in the bacon...
    http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Start asap, and work at home! Its amazing!

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• i have had real good luck with indeed.com
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 4:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others.
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• And don't forget to update your Linkedin profile!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I have a list of legit work at home companies, all free ones.. http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Hi There! My name is Megan. I had my daughter in March of 2009 and immediatly knew that I wanted to be home with her as much as possible. I looked for a while for a way to earn a reliable income from home. Some of the things I found were scams, others were not what they promised to be. I recently found a wonderful 24 year old, BBB and inc 500 company. This company is rock solid and that is why I want to share it with you. If you are like me and need to stay at home but also need to earn a great income, with a legit company then please visit my website
    www.workathomeunited.com/meganhoehn

I will be happy to share with you more FREE information. This just might be what you have been looking for too!

- Megan
    meg424@rocketmail.com
    MeganHoehn

Answer by MeganHoehn at 12:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Thank so much everyone.. It is so hard to find a job when you have no income and no help.. can i still work from home when I can't afford to buy a program online to start the home buisness?? I just need the first foot in the door and than i've got it from there...

THANK FOR ALL UR HELP....................................XOXO.....................XOXO
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2009